At “CALM WAVE-Villas for Calming Holidays in Greece”, we recognize that securing personal data is an important issue. We have developed this policy to explain our practices regarding the safeguarding of the personal data we collect, when someone visits our website (http://www.calmwave.gr ), but also our practices, regarding personal data received from other sources, such as written or phone communications or the information we have when you visit our hotel.
Please note that this policy does not apply to the processing of personal data belonging to a third party liability, such as car rental companies and other service providers, companies that organize or offer bundled offers, business partners etc.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the national and international legislation concerning the respect for private life and the protection of personal data in electronic communications.
According to the above our website is ruled by:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and
- the Directive 2002/58/EC (Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications-amended by the Directive 2009/136/EK), which will be repealed in 2019 by the e-Privacy Regulation(ePR), concerning the respect for private life and the protection of personal data in electronic communications.
Your data protection rights
You, as a data subject, have the following rights under the G.D.P.R.:
- a) The right to be informed.
Anyone who processes your personal data, must inform you what data is processed, for what purpose and to whom else the data might pass.
- b) The right of access.
You have the right to see what data is held of you by the data controller.
- c) The right to rectification.
You can ask to correct or amend any false or incomplete personal data that is held of you.
- d) The right to erasure or also known as “the right to be forgotten”.
Under certain circumstances you can ask the controller to erase personal data concerning you without delay and the controller has the obligation to erase it without any delay.
- e) The right to restriction of processing.
Under certain circumstances you have the right to ask the controller for a temporary halt of processing of personal data.
- f) The right to data portability.
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and to transmit those data to another controller.
- g) The right to object.
You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- h) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Personal data we collect and why
The term “personal data” in this policy refers to information that identifies you or can identify you as an individual. The types of personal information we process include the following cases:
- In order to make room bookings and to ensure that we can communicate with you in order to inform you about your reservations and offers, it is necessary to disclose some of your personal data, such as name, surname, date and place of birth, nationality, image, passport, address (sender and recipient), telephone number, e-mail address and, in the case of payment by credit card, the details of the credit card. Your credit card is only used for the specific transaction you have requested and its details are stored with user details up to the date of your departure from the hotel. After paying your stay and leaving, the details regarding your credit card are deleted.
- We may also ask for the names of your co-travelers and any preferences related to your stay.
- Any information necessary to meet with specific requests (e.g. health conditions requiring special conditions of residence or service).
- Information, feedback, or content that you provide, in relevance with your preferences in sales promotion, which are disclosed to us through your participation in draws, competitions, or through our own or third party websites and applications.
- Contact details and related information about corporate accountants and vendors and other people with whom we are dealing (e.g. travel agents).
- We collect personal information when you contact our hotel in a number of ways, such as signing up for our hotel newsletters or using the form of communication we provide. If you follow this option, you will be asked for your name and e-mail address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you grant us the right to register and use the name and e-mail address for communication purposes to inform you about issues related to your requests, as well as to learn our news and offers.
- We also get information from other sources. These include business partners, such as travel agencies or other websites. Everything we receive from these sources can be combined with the information you have given us. For example, booking services through the “TripAdvisor.com” web site or other online partners. When using some of these, you provide your booking details to our business partner, who then promotes them to us. We also use third-party service providers to facilitate hotel payments to the hotel. These service providers disclose the payment information so we can manage your bookings and make sure everything works smoothly for you.
- In case a refund is requested for your reservation, either by you or by the credit card holder used to make your booking, we may need to share some details of the reservation with your payment service provider and your financial institution, in order to manage the refund. These may include a copy of your booking confirmation or the IP address from which your reservation was made. In addition, we may share information with the relevant financial institutions, if we think it is strictly necessary for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
Personal data of minors
Minors under the age of 16 wishing to use our services must definitely have the consent of their parents, who are solely responsible for submitting the personal details of their children.
Links to other sites
Non-personal information – cookies
If you want to undo cookies at any time on your computer, you can delete them using your computer’s browser (refer to your browser’s “help” options to learn how to delete cookies). After 30 days, cookies are automatically deleted.
(For more information please read our Cookies Policy)
“CALM WAVE-Villas for Calming Holidays in Greece” will take appropriate steps to protect the personal data collected from unauthorized access, disclosure, change or destruction and to maintain and update personal data in accordance with the law. We also seek and require our service providers to make every effort to preserve the confidentiality of your personal data.
To protect your privacy, we inform you not to include sensitive personal data in any emails you send to us. Please do not send to us your credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information via e-mail.
Your personal data will not be used for any purposes other than the foregoing, without your consent and in no case will we publish, disclose, exchange or sell them to any third parties. The only case of disclosure of your personal data is whether this is imposed by a court or other public authority, in accordance with Greek and European law.
(ΒΛ. ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΟ ΚΕΙΜΕΝΟ-With regard to online transactions, we use modern technology to protect your personal data that you transmit to us through our site such as SSL “Secured Sockets Layer”, Firewall, antivirus, antimalware, etc. Unfortunately, no security system or transmission system of the data over the Internet can guarantee that it is completely secure.)
Control and change of personal information
You, always, reserve the right to review the personal information we collect about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by sending us an e-mail at “ firstname.lastname@example.org ”. Please write “Request personal information” on your e-mail to speed up the process.
You may also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have about you is incorrect or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the e-mail address you have entered.
Retention of personal data
Limitation of Liability – Disclaimer
The content of our website is available “as it is” and no warranty, express or implied, regarding the completeness, correctness, timeliness, commerciality, non-infringement or suitability of this content for any use, application or purpose is provided.
“Calm Wave” under any circumstances, including negligence, is not responsible for any form of damage to the visitor/user of the pages, services, choices and content that he/she makes on his / her own initiative and knowledge of these terms. Also “Calm Wave” does not guarantee that the pages, services, choices and contents will be provided without interruption, without errors, that the errors will be corrected or that all the queries will be answered. Similarly, it does not guarantee that the servers, through which the content is made available to visitors/users, are provided without “viruses” or other harmful components. The cost of possible corrections or services is assumed by the visitor/user and in no case by the “Calm Wave”.
Applicable law and other terms
The above terms and conditions of use, as well as any modification or change, are governed by national law, Community law and relevant international treaties. This is the overall agreement between the “Calm Wave” and the visitor/user of its pages and services and binds them and only them. No change to these terms will be taken into account and will not form part of this agreement, unless it has been expressed in writing and has been incorporated into it.
It is, hereby, expressly agreed that any disputes arising out of the application of these terms, if not solved amicably, are governed by the Greek law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Greece.
You can, always, choose which personal information you want (if you want) to provide us with. However, if you choose not to provide some information, some of our services to you may be affected (for example, we cannot make a reservation without a name).
If you provide us with your contact information (e.g., postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or fax), we may contact you to inform you of our products, services, promotions and events that we believe may be of your interest.
The data controller of this website is Eirini Konstantopoulou (GR Private Company)
Registered office: Vassiliki – Lefkada-Greece
Data Protection Officer
According to the GDPR, our company is not obliged to have a DPO at the moment.
Changes to this Policy
As our businesses constantly change, this Policy may change. To help you, this Policy will be put into effect at the end of this document.
By using this form, you agree to the storage and handling of your data from the site CALM WAVE-Villas for Calming Holidays in Greece.
Date of entry into force: 21/05/2018
CHECK COOKIES POLICY HERE: COOKIES POLICY